Sunday, June 22, 2014

The mountain June 22, 2014

We had made plans a few weeks ago to head up the mountain with my mom's side of the family. We hardly ever go on that side of the mountain and we thought it would be so fun to go up there. I knew I wanted to go, but I just didn't realize what a great day it would be, and how much I needed a great day at the mountain. 

We had a little picnic with everyone and then walked around a bit. We took Bonnie's side by side out for a spin and Stock absolutely loved it. He kept telling me "Kacee, I'm gonna buy one of these one day!" I told him to save up and he could do it! I wore my jogging gear and had decided to try to get a run in up the mountain. I needed some high elevation training runs, and I figured it would be pretty empty on the roads that way. 

That run was one of the best I have ever had. It felt amazing physically and emotionally. It was so uplifting and spiritual. I posted a pic from my run on Instagram and I said this: 

"Sometimes in life I let myself get so busy and caught up in what I "should" or "could" be that I miss who I am right now or what I am doing. Sometimes I rush through things and don't take the time to really appreciate everything and everyone around me. Luckily, today was not one of those days. Today was one of those days that feels good for your soul and you feel like God or Karma or whatever you believe in is looking down on you and telling you life is good. Today was exactly what I needed and will not be shortly forgotten. Today reminded me what a great family I have, what a beautiful area I live in, and that running makes me feel more spiritual that just about anything else in the entire world. Today was good."

I just felt so much clarity and so aware of things. I looked around at everything and realized how mindful my Heavenly Father is. I realized how much he loves us, because he has given us so much beauty. He wants us to appreciate it. He wants us to experience it. He wants us to see it. It's like when you throw a party for someone that you care about and you really try your hardest make things special and beautiful. If no one came and no one enjoyed it, it would feel like a big waste. But if people come and really enjoy it and spend sometime, you feel like all your time and energy was worth it. I think that is how Heavenly Father feels when we actually see the beauty around us, and we take the time to enjoy it. Its like all his hard work and time was worth it because we get it. 

Lately I have felt a little judged and over looked. It seemed like to me that people were only seeing the things I wasn't doing or the short comings I had and all of the good I was doing and all of the things I was really trying at were overlooked. It was frustrating and hard. That day on the mountain was so good for my head. It helped me with all of those feelings and really helped me work through what was really bothering me and it helped me come to grips and say "I'm happy with what I'm doing, and that's enough." I  try to repeat this quote to myself when I start feeling that way: "The more you love your choices, the less you need other people to love them." I forget that sometimes and sometimes I let everyone else's opinions trump my own opinions. Once I could sort through that and see it, then I could actually address my problem and work through and be ok with that. It was invigorating and made me feel so refreshed. It was just what I needed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment