Thursday, May 1, 2014

Disney Land and California Adventure April, 2014

This past week we went to Disneyland, California Adventure and the beach. We went with my entire family (crazy right) and then Sam's mom and sister Brooke came and brought their friend Cindy Trueblood. It was such a fun thing, and I am so glad we were able to go. I love when families get together and make memories and spend time together. Some of my favorite memories growing up are when we went to Disneyland with my mom's whole family after my Grandpa Mack died. I have been looking forward to this trip for quite a while now because of those fun memories I have.

This trip kind of started off rough. Stock had a problem on the neighbor's trampoline and hurt his arm pretty bad. Al and Jose had to take him to Insta Care. They x-rayed it and said they couldn't see a break, but we knew something wasn't right. He was so upset and kept crying and saying "I still get to go to Disneyland right?" He didn't really use his arm the whole time, so when we go back Al took him back to the doctor, and sure enough, his elbow is broken. He has a big cast that he has to keep on for 5 weeks and he absolutely hates it.

Hayes got sick and Sam did too the night before we left. Both of them had some pretty upset tummies. I was SUPER nervous to take Hayes out in the heat all day because of that. We took the drive down pretty slow and let him get out a lot, also we let him ride in just his diaper, and can I say he has never slept better in the car! Who would have thought to just let the kid be naked and he would sleep like a champion.

The night we got there, most everyone went to the Angel's game. Me and Hayes stayed back at the hotel and he went to sleep and I got everything laid out for the next day. The next day we went to Disneyland. That place really is magical. We had a great time and Hayes actually slept really well in stroller. He loved seeing all the people and even enjoyed a few rides. It went A LOT better than I expected.

The following day, we went to California Adventure. Hayes rode a lot more rides there and we really loved just walking around and seeing everything. The next day, we went to the beach. Hayes LOVED the beach until he got rocked by a wave that came up pretty high. We picked him up and he was fine, but he got wet and sandy. He absolutely HATED that. I took him back to the car and got him cleaned off, he enjoyed the rest of the time playing in the sand. Surprisingly he really didn't eat that much. I think the beach by far was his favorite day.

The next day we packed up and headed home. On the way home Jentrie had an allergic reaction to pistachios and it was pretty scary for a little while. We spent nearly two hours in Barstow making sure she was going to be ok. It was terrible seeing her that way, and I have now vowed to carry benedryl on me at all times. I'm happy to report she is ok, and now aware that all nuts are off limits. She also has like 6 epi pens now, so hopefully that never happens again.




















No comments:

Post a Comment