Thursday, November 21, 2013

Parenting

Sam and I were talking the other night after Hayes went to sleep about being a parent. Parenting is so different than I thought it would be, but yet it's so much of what I thought too. I think that's the craziest thing about it, it's what you think, and then so much more. 

I worry about him all the time. My whole world literally revolves around him, in one way or another. I worry about what he eats, and what he doesn't eat. I worry about him sleeping, and not sleeping. I worry about how warm or cold he is. I worry about how much I read to him. I worry about how much I singing to him and introducing him to new things. I worry about overwhelming him. I worry about doing too much for him, I worry that I don't do enough. There is literally two worries for everything- if you are doing too much or not enough. I never imagined someone else's happiness would be so important to me. 

Being a parent is so hard, but it's the most rewarding endeavor I have ever undertaken.  I think the best thing in the whole world though is when I see his face and he lights up. I feel like the luckiest mama in the whole world when he does that. I couldn't have dreamed up a more perfect fit for our family than Hayes. What a blessing he is. I am eternally indebted to my Heavenly Father for sending him to me. I love you forever Hayesie Wayesie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment