Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Vegas


For the second half of our adventure anniversary weekend, we headed down to Vegas. I was pretty nervous for how Hayes would do because its so busy and there is so much going on. We tried to avoid the strip, but headed to the Shark Reef, thinking he would LOVE it! He did ok, but I think he was so tired and overwhelmed so he threw the biggest fit in the Shark Reef and we had to bolt out of there. No out finest moment. 

After that we headed to our hotel. We stayed at Lake Las Vegas. It was a really cool property but it's WAY far out there; like it took us at least 30 minutes to get there. I think at this point Hayes just wanted to be more independent than the area would allow and we struggled quite a bit. I forgot to take my phone to the pool and beach area, but those were all super cool. It was SO hot so even our pool time was short lived. All in all I would not suggest taking a two year old to Las Vegas in the middle of summer and expect to have a relaxing or calm weekend. Our bad for sure. 

I'm glad we could go though and that we can show Hayes all kinds of different things. I learned my lesson though. I know everything wasn't a walk in the park for Hayes either, on the drive home (pictured below) he fell asleep with his blanket. When we woke up once we were home, he looked around and say "YES!". hahaha he was SO happy to see his freedom again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment