Thursday, August 29, 2013

Its just a bad day {August 28, 2013}

I feel like being a working mama is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I know that working is something that is so good for me, for so many reasons more than just financially. I need to work at least to a certain point. Well, today was just a hard day. My sweet Hayes did not take one nap and spent most of the day crying, yelling, or eating. He was not content and I literally didn't get half of my work done because I spent all my time trying to keep him somewhat quiet so the rest of my office could function, and doing a poor job at that. I spilled on my dress, and I was literally sweating and looking like a hot mess trying to balance the whole thing. I was a disaster to say the least. I called Sam crying and begging him to come pick up Hayes so I could at least get something done and keep my sanity. It was the longest half hour of my life waiting for Sam to get to my office. I felt frustrated with Hayes, and disappointed in myself for not being able to handle it better. On days like today I feel myself over-reacting and saying things like "I feel like a horrible mom" or " I just can't keep doing this." I feel myself starting to spiral down, and its not only depressing, but scary. I don't want to be the "Debbie Downer" or anything, but I also don't claim to be "Super mom" ether. So, where's the balance? Well, thank heavens for my sweet husband who simplifies everything that I try to complicate and says something so powerful, and true "Its just a bad day." That's it. I'm not being a horrible mom or a terrible employee. We just had a bad day, and tomorrow will be different. Man oh man, I needed that.

Where would I be without simple truths, and the fact that it was just one bad day, not a bad life.

So, now that I realize that my world is not caving in around me, I will celebrate with some adorable pictures of my sweet Hayes, who makes life so much better and brighter than I ever thought possible!








1 comment:

  1. Oh Kacee... I'm so sorry you had such an awful day. If it helps...Just know that you are not the only one who experiences such days or even times of feeling inedequate when it comes to parenting. But it sure is nice when you get home and your baby is so happy to see you. You're awesome and I'm sure Hayes is so grateful to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete