Sunday, July 21, 2013

Salt Lake {July 21, 2013)

Hayes is constantly changing and is just getting to be so much fun. He is such a talker and ALWAYS has something to say. Its pretty funny. We took him on his first trip to SLC this past weekend and he did pretty good. He HATES shopping and made that pretty clear in the middle of Nordstroms. Hahaha I took him in the bathroom (they have a GREAT mother's lounge there) to try and feed him,  I laid him down on the hard changing table to get situated and he fell right to sleep. Unfortunately, his nap was short lived. His screaming didn't stop me from getting him SO many good things though. Damn you Baby Gap and your sales! I got him the cutest jeans with suspenders at H&M too. I feel like once he can fit into them, we will need to take some family pictures. Shopping made me realize I want to try and sew some clothes for him. There were so many things I loved that I just looked at and said "I could TOTALLY sew this!" So, I ordered some super cute fabric online and I am going to try and sew some shorts, pants, and beanies. Wish me luck.

Besides the shopping issue, he was a dream. I think he was just over being in his stroller or held all day. Once we let him kick around, he was much happier. What a funny boy he is. Sam went and rode at his comp and did great! I hope next year we can go to more comps and take Hayes. Hopefully by then it will be fun for everyone. I went to IKEA and spent way too much money, but that's a given. I am starting to get some ideas going to turn one of our extra rooms into a play room. I am so excited to get started on it. I also have ideas for our kitchen and master. So, my IKEA trip did have some purpose and I got a bunch of things for it. I also think I know what else I need to get for it, so it was helpful to go there and make some decisions. I'll post some pictures of the play room project when it gets under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment